Chermoula-baked Whole Pomfret
For the Chermoula Sauce
1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 onion, halved, coarsely chopped
60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon mild paprika
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the Fish
1 tsp olive oil
4 whole pomfrets
1. To make the sauce, dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, paprika, turmeric and black
pepper until fragrant. Turn off heat and keep aside to cool.
2. In a blender add the above ingredients along with the remaining ingredients including the
onion, lemon juice, garlic, fresh coriander and parsley. Blend until smooth.
3. Adjust for seasoning and set aside.
4. Wash and clean the pomfret. Make slits on the side and rub with olive oil.
5. Rub the pomfret with the chermoula sauce and set aside for 20 minutes to overnight.
6. In a baking tray, arrange the pomfret and bake for 30 minutes at 200 degree centigrade or
until the fish is cooked through.
7. Serve hot with a sit of vegetables!Buy Now